Well, it has done nothing but rain the past few days here. Will not complain too much, but really, does it have to be the rain drops that are the size of a ping pong ball! Anyhoo....since it is raining and I am indoors cleaning and not willing to test the whole umbrella theory I have time to update you all.
I know we have not been too current with this, but hey, we are trying. Last weekend we went to a really neat Eisha Dance show along Kokusai Street, which is a street South of Base that is known for the crowds of people and a lot of shopping. This festival included 10,000 of the dancers. They would perform for those stading along the street and then walk up a few blocks and perform again for another 'set' of the crowd. It truly was an amazing site to see and to hear. I tried to download the video to picasa but I am pretty sure it was not successful. I will have Bradley mess with it when he returns from Guam. It really is such a traditional thing to see.
Not much new going on here other than work and more work. We are still trying to explore some of the island, but right now I am pretty sure we have explored 60 % of it already, so we have scaled back a little and we are just entertaining ourselves with the festivals that go on around the area.
Brad is scuba diving a lot, which he is loving. He just went to the Karama Islands a couple weekends ago where he got to do three seperate dives. These islands are one of the top ten best scuba diving locations. Wish I had pictures, right Brad!! Some friends took some picutres I just need to have them send some to us so I can post them for you. He said he saw A LOT of fish, shark, turtles, and I am sure a lot more. I will have him post more about it.
Hope August is treating everyone well. More soon.....
2 comments:
Glad to hear you were able to go to the Gaisha parade? I am sure it was a site to see and am looking forward to pictures when Brad gets back and can try and decode the footage and put some on line for us. Keep adding to your list, it is exciting to know what you guys are doing, and that you are taking advantage of all that Japan has to offer. Love, Mom T
Always love hearing your stories!
Post a Comment