Thursday, October 21, 2010

Daddy's Home: Part 1

Brad got home a little less than 2 weeks ago. All is right with the world now that he is home! Of course the big day for him to arrive went about as smooth as it could have with 2 OVER tired children, but totally worth it! I did not manage to capture the reunion on camera because #1- I forgot to bring the camera with me to the flight line #2 Even if I had the camera I was in a crazy search for someone to take Miss A and hold her from not running up to every jet and #3 Trying to protect Mr B's ears from the jets was enough of a workout to make my arms sore for 2 days. Watching all the 8 jets land, taxi up, shut down and the guys climb out of their jets, wives and kiddos anxiously awaiting the reunion, priceless. To see the older kiddos sprint up to their Dad's and give them the biggest hugs, I hope makes the time away worth the work and effort! I would do it over again in a heartbeat! Miss A said 'I love you Daddy' in a sweet and chocked-up kind of way I think I counted 15 times in a short 30 minutes. MELTED my heart. I had no idea what her reaction would be, but I think I can say without a doubt, she missed her Daddy and was glad to have him home (just like her Mommy!) Brad got back into the swing of things around the house, messing with the yard, fixing things, and making desserts with Miss A!


If you ever wondered how to get every bit of cake mix off of the mixer, just ask Miss A and she will show you!


Enjoy a fun moment between Miss A and her Daddy, such a big helper!


More of our time with Daddy to come......

2 comments:

Jan said...

You make me SMILE!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of smiles - you should see the smile on my face right now! LOVE it!