Summer has finally arrived on Island as of Saturday May 24. The weather forecasted cloudy with rain ALL weekend, but to our surprise, the Sun, Heat and Humidity was what really showed up. Although it was a beautiful weekend to get out and explore the ocean and beach, it still had the ability to limit the time spent doing just that. I enjoyed a fun, lazy weekend with the gals of our squadron here. The guys are on a month long TDY to Alaska.....boy do I miss that especially when it is so HOT here in the summer. On Saturday night one of our friends had a group over to try out the Turkey Burger recipe that was on Oprah.....not sure when that was aired for you all, but we just recieved it last week and if you have not tried the recipe, it is truly very good! On Sunday, a few gals were nice enough to throw me a Baby Shower. They planned an outing on the beach so kids could come along and listed it as a 'Book' Party. Our library of knowledge is slowly adding up for our new little one! It turned out to be such a beautiful day, the water felt refreshing and you could get out of the sun with the pavillion that was rented. Bradley got to enjoy a much needed weekend 'away', from his dorm room that is. Brad and a couple guys from his class were able to stay at an Instructors house to help watch their dogs over the long weekend and they were able to get in a night of camping. I am glad he was able to get a reprieve from an upcoming busy three weeks left of his school...yes, I am counting the days! =-)
Enjoy a few pictures from my shower.

These are my friends who threw the beautiful and fun shower for me. From the left, Jamie, Ivonne, Stephanie and Casey...THANK YOU ladies you made a great day even more spectacular!

This is the pavillion that they decorated Island Style and had delicious food and beverages to accompany.

This is the cake my friend Jamie made.....how CUTE is it!! She did all the small detail work herself, it tasted just as good as it looks!
1 comment:
Hey friend! I'm so glad y'all had fun at your baby shower. You look fabulous! And Jamie definitely did an awesome job on your cake. I hope all is well with you and I can't wait for the arrival of your little bundle of joy!
Lots of love,
Laurie
Post a Comment