Today the movers came and took away all of our 'stuff'. As we were running around last night and today unplugging things figuring out what we wanted to bring to IL, FL, or VA we realized we have A LOT of STUFF! Some might think moving every 2-3 years is a hassle but I feel it is a blessing in disguise. First off, we really get the better end of the deal, not having to do any of the packing/lifting/unpacking. Second, it is the perfect way for me to get rid of the things that when you visualize it being put into a box and shipped by boat/plane/big-rig, you really have to think...'is it worth that trip?' and most of the time it is not. Third, what a fun way to be 'forced' to see the world!
We are settled into our pet TLF and so far our first night is going smoothly. Addison went down with a breeze, Bailey is hanging out in her kennel, by her own will mind you, we get internet access in our room and it is looking like an early bedtime is quite possible.
Tomorrow morning will be Brad's fini flight, his last flight in the F-15, pretty crazy to think of since he has only been in the aircraft for 5 years. Hopefully I will be able to get pictures of our move and the flight up tomorrow.
I guess to make the early bedtime thing happen, I should sign off. Check back for some pictures.
4 comments:
I'm glad the pet TLF worked out...although I think our pet TLF was MUCH NICER! :):) Your "simple life" isn't seeming so simple lately! We hope that everything comes together with your move!
Hiya Ang-
Can't wait to see you! If you need any baby stuff (ie toys/exersaucer) while you're here just let us know!
We hope that your trip goes well and that you are "almost home" soon.
I SO agree...I have simplified my life (stuff) a WHOLE lot in the 3 moves I've done since I married Mark! And I love that I now know what a fini flight and TLF are. I've learned SO much :) Ha! Glad that everything is going well!! Still looking forward to seeing you guys sometime in the new year!!
Post a Comment