Picture Christmas Day, sitting on your nice comfy couch, wearing your comfy pj's, eating warm cinnamon rolls, drinking your favorite hot beverage and you get handed a beautiful package to open. You have an idea of what it is because all of us girls know what box jewelry comes in but you do not know what kind of jewelry is in it. So you tear open the wrapping and see the box. You anxiously open the box to only find another box you have to open, but this box will not open. It is sealed with the words PATIENCE and you are unable to open it to see what is inside.
That is where I am right now. Peaceful and patient (thankfully for our family). Brad found out on Friday that we had tickets reserved to get home but the person to give him the information was not available so we had to wait till today, Monday. Brad checked his e-mail and found out they have the reservation for us to leave out on Saturday so of course I follow up with the questions, 'What time do we leave?' 'Where do we fly into?' 'What time do we get to IL?', all to be told they do not have that information right yet.
How funny mostly because three years ago I would have been a frustrated fool thinking I could control the situation. Today thanks to the peace I rely on from the LORD, I just kind of laugh and realize HE is in control. So, THANK YOU LORD for being my rock and what better season to remember you and your Son Jesus.
5 comments:
We are patiently waiting your arrival and we know that you will be here when HE knows it's safe to come.
Can't wait to see you guys.
Love ya!
How true, Angie! What a great post... We love you and are praying for you!
Amen, my friend! That was an awesome post!
Aren't trials great to teach us the patience and whatever other lesson we have forgotten! It has taken many in this neck of the woods, but I'm beginning to catch on...GOD IS IN CONTROL! Glad you remembered that earlier on than I did...I loved your post, and do hope you get (or have already gotten) your questions answered. Praying for a safe journey.
Heard you guys also got the Raptor? If all is true congrats!
Post a Comment