Our sweet little A has not watched much TV since she was born. She has watched the occasional Baby Einstein, maybe once or twice a month, but recently (aka, since she has become mobile) she has indulged in this American addiction more than I would like to share. I have to say it has been the only way I have figured out how to get a few chores done around the house without turning around and finding her at the stairs, in Bailey's bowls, Bailey's bed, etc.
These videos of her do not really make me feel like I should be letting her watch TV, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to keep a mobile curious girl out of everything, I would love the advice!
( I did not let her stay like this, she crawled up to the console and stopped there and I had to get it on video.)
(I tell ya, shameful huh! But really, she is learning something from watching Baby Einstein right?!!)
6 comments:
Oh my, How cute is that?!
Are you sure she does not have a few male genes in her? ;-0
haha!! She is locked in. I wish I could focus like that (;
Hey, as a non-mother, I say do what works! Sorry, Brad! ;-)
O.K. As a mom and Nana I have to say that sometimes you just have to do what you have to do to get things done. If it works, go for it. She will be doing plenty of other stuff soon enough to make up for her little bit of TV time now. It is amazing how focused she gets and she is learning from her Little Einstein videos i am sure.
And, I agree with the others...you just have to do what works so that you can feel like you are being the wife and mother you would like to be and sometimes, just so you can have a breather!! J watches t.v. ... and yes, I feel that some learning can be done through those videos. How else would J have learned the word "demolition" but from Bob the Builder!!
Hi! I stumbled across your blog again while reading the Kuehni's comments and thought I would comment on your upcoming addition. A big congrats, you and I are due right around the same time. My date is Sept 17th and no matter how close they are God does have a plan and it is all for the best. We would of had ours closer had it been in the cards but as soon as I was done nursing God gave the go ahead and boom... baby. We didn't find out the gender either :)
As for videos, my boy is a book worm and never took interest in them. I guess I don't have an opinion. Take care!
Post a Comment