Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do when they come for you!

I get home from Music class today with the kids and as I am getting Miss A out of her carseat I hear a VERY close police siren and a lady on the megaphone saying, 'Please stop where you are'. Honestly, what would you do in this situation? Well, I froze and slightly turned around to see if she was talking to me. She was not thankfully, but she was talking to two men walking right along my street. I started rubbernecking, standing in my driveway watching this unfold, but then I see not one, not two, not three, not four, but 5 police cars start pulling up around these guys. I figured at that point, it might not be a good idea to be standing outside with a child in my arms. So, I did what any concerned parent/neighbor would do and watched from our front window. (Ohh, come on, you know you would have done the same thing too.....) Even more, I took a photo!


So, I am thinking I should either be really worried about who these two gentlemen were roaming our neighborhood with the need of 6 police cars to handle them OR I can chalk it up to the N.N. police officers being very thorough when they are handling a situation. I am choosing to believe scenerio number two to help me sleep better at night.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Your post is so funny...how crazy is that to have such a ruckus right out your front door!
Does your paper have a 'police beat' like Springfield? !