Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Room

     
 
                          


Here are some pictures of my room requested by my Grandma.  As you can see Mom was prepared for both a boy or a girl.  I am super excited that my bookshelf is getting so full.  Mom has already been reading me my books and I love to listen to her, although I am not all interested in looking at the pictures quite yet.  I do enjoy sleeping in my crib, it is so quiet and comfy.  Now, Mom wanted me to let you know that the walls in our house are all cement.  To put a hole in the wall you need a fancy tool called a hammer drill, which while she was pregnant with me she was not able to use, so putting things up on the walls stood for a challenge.  Thank goodness for velcro!  As you can see, she made these cool panels with fabric that I can stick all of my future artwork on to display proudly.  She hung my shelves with some fun fabric and decorated some numbers to help me start to learn to count.  I do love my room.  I will be sad to leave it, but can not wait to see what we can do with a little more pink at our next house. Thankfully my Aunt Becca, Uncle Matt and cousins Morganne and Jack started me off right with my door hangar which I display proudly.  

3 comments:

Jan said...

Addison,
I love your room!
It is so cute and so very special. I am sure your mom had a good time decorating it. Just think, she gets to do this again and again. You will never get tired of your four walls! ;-)
Thanks for sharing!
Love
Grandma Illinois

Anonymous said...

What a great room for a Princess. Being able to redo your room as you move, will allow for changing as you grow. I am sure that pink will be more of a dominant color in your next room since mom now knows she is decorating for her little princess. Your Mom is great at figuring out how to make due with what you have, so no wonder your room turned out great despite the concrete walls. Enjoy it while you are there. I am sure you will have many different designs as you move along on your adventures. Love, Nana

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.