Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thank goodness for distractions

It is Monday afternoon almost a day before Brad is supposed to be home and of course knowingly he will be delayed a day or two just because that is the way the 'jet's fly' ( I think that was only funny to me in my own head, sorry).   Yesterday I started writing down ALL of our activities that are scheduled while we are home for the holiday's, which they all seem much more important this year with a kiddo in tow.  As I am doing this I finally start to look at dates for possibly having the movers come, what day would be best to fly out on, etc... and then it hit me, we are going to be moving in a month!  That means, movers in possibly two weeks, selling the car in three, moving into TLF in three, on top of Christmas shopping, holiday parties, packing, painting, making my TO DO lists,  oh boy!  I am glad I am just now realizing all of this stuff because not much of this can be done until Brad gets home.  So thank you Addison for being a perfect and beautiful distraction to all the things that I realize will get done in due time!  
I think this will be my meditation this next month to help get me through.

Ahh..., I will miss engrish.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Angie,
I was lying awake doing just the same thing this AM.
Let's let it all go and remind ourselves to 'go with the flow'.
I know what is most important to us all is to just be together. That is your gift to us!
Happy Homecoming to Brad!
Love
Jan

keenbliss said...

Hey Angie! I found your guys through the McLeese's blog. Congrats on your beautiful baby girl. She is so adorable! And congrats on the assignment too, how exciting. It's so fun to find people all over the world!

The Blake Family said...

And, the fun has started! I remember getting to that "place" in my thinking before we moved here. I'm tellin' you, it DOES all work out...just as you have already realized. Have a great last month and cherish all of those Japanese things...if you are like us, you won't truly realize how much you loved it in Okinawa until you are gone. It will always hold a special place in our hearts. We can only hope that someday we will be back there!

Anonymous said...

Eerily...I typed 'go with the flow' before reading moms! SPOOKY! But wise words nonetheless! Can't wait to see you guys!