Thursday, August 13, 2009

Post #3- Home Ownership

Since we have moved in, Brad has been doing an amazing job with the house. Whether it has been changing all of the locks, fixing the floors, painting, organizing the garage, putting up wainscoating, repainting furniture, hanging pictures, etc, he has done it all! I honestly had no idea he was this 'handy' =-) I just wanted to share a few pictures of our 'big' project, before and after, and show off Bradley's skills =-) I am proud of ya handsome, the room looks exactly how I was hoping!!









Here are pictures of another project that seems to be growing into more of a headache. We had hoped to open the pool this summer and find it in decent condition but that was not the case so we decided to get rid of it. Easy! So of course we no longer needed the top deck that went to the pool so Brad's Dad and sister's fiance, Scott, took that down for us while they were visiting (thanks guys!!)



Now we have this wonderful little pond in our back yard that everytime it rains just pools up for all of the birds in the neighborhood to come and bathe in, not to mention the mesquitos that I am sure are breading in it.

We are officially open for suggestions on how to fix this backyard mess. Those of you who have added a deck/patio (either concrete or stone), please weigh in because we are at a total loss for what is best for resale on the house and useful at the same time without spending TOO much money....HA!

HELP!!

3 comments:

kflyingcircus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love the room re-do! Great job Brad!!! Ang, can you send him over when he's done? :-)

Tiffany Wickes said...

Hmmm... can't help you with the lake situation but I can say he did a great job with the house so I'm sure a solution will come to light very soon. Not helpful, I know.