Friday, April 9, 2010

The 'Sweetest' things in life

I gave up sweets for Lent this year. I realized once I did this I had to categorize what a sweet was to myself because this was such a broad category. Does a cinnamon roll count? To me....nope! A sweet n salty granola bar? Nope. What about the girl scout cookies that came 5 days after Lent started? Of course THEY count! During these 40 days I attended two baby showers and you know what that means! Cakes, mints, cookies, sweets, sweets, sweets. I really did try to reason my way into eating some things by thinking, I did not want to be rude to the hostesses by NOT trying all of the delicious items they had made/bought, etc...but I chose to stick to my guns (dangit!)


My willpower paid off.


I have never been more excited to eat a cookie until I found this on my doorstep the Saturday before Easter. My friend Stephanie, who we were stationed with in Okinawa and now here, makes desserts from scratch and was one of the hostesses at said baby showers. She remembered that I gave up sweets and she made these especially for me! Talk about Sweet !
I had to share the pictures of what a superb job she did and they tasted as yummy as they looked, (they were gone in almost three days....hey, I shared them with Brad and Miss A).


They looked SO yummy!


Just a peek,.....(my mouth started watering just smelling them!)


Look at how adorable and well decorated they were!


ALMOST too cute to eat.....


4 comments:

The Whitley Family said...

That's awesome! She did a great job. Very 'sweet' of her to remember how good you were for all of those showers!!

Stephanie said...

aw, you're so nice! How could I NOT want to do nice things for you? So glad you enjoyed them :)

Jan said...

All I can say is...
YUMMY!

Tiffany Wickes said...

I loved all your pictures from your trip to DC. Thats beauty of living in the lower 48. You can actually drive to different locations. 5 years and counting... still in Alaska. Happy Easter!