Friday, September 19, 2008

A New Game

Yesterday Addison came up with a new game that I am sure more children out there know very well and play with their parents.  I took a couple friends to the airport and on the way there, Addison slept so peacefully and quietly.  What a nice drive!  As soon as we dropped off our friends and started to drive off Addison woke up, did her stretches (as much as she could in her car seat), and smiled for me in the mirror.  I thought to myself, how great she still likes hanging out in her car seat (especially since we had 45 minutes till we got home).  The first stop light we stop at I hear a few whimpers from her. The second stop light, a little bit louder and then the third stop light, watch out!  I like to call this game 'The Stop and Go Cry' game! Let me know if your child has ever played this with you. Every stop light we stopped at, as soon as she realized we were not moving she would start to cry and of course as soon as I started moving, smiles and content as can be!   All the while this is occuring I am thinking, does she think she is controlling this situation?  Of course she does!  There is no way for me to make her realize she is not.....oh well....we still had 40 minutes to go and MANY stop lights to handle. We made it home sound as could be as she was dozing off for her second nap of the morning.

We are on our way this weekend to some cabins on the beach for some much needed R&R/family time before Brad heads out for 6-7 weeks. Hopefully Addison will forget about her new game or introduce it to her Dad, which I am sure he will be thrilled to learn his roll in the game!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I knew you would raise a 'game girl'. Just didn't know it would show up so soon!
Can't wait to play games with Addison!