Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring....oh no, wait!

We have had more than a few splendid days in the past two weeks. I am talking running outside without my lungs hurting because the chill is so bad, days. With this newfound weather, we have been enjoying outside activities. I have been waiting to start up our bi-weekly trips to the zoo again, playing outside everyday, and running outside more than once or twice a week. Here are a couple pictures of our trip to the Norfolk Zoo. I get these shots every time we go, it is kind of a fun way to watch how quickly these kiddos grow in just under a year.


*THE SWINGSET*
I have been waiting to get one of these in our backyard till Mr. B was up and mobile, thankfully that turned into just before Spring!!! After 3 days of Brad breaking his back to get this thing put together (that is what the 3-day weekends are for, right?!), the kids were more than excited (as was Mom who can already picture the 3-hour naps and worn out kids everyday from now on.....*ahh*..., I can dream...) Just as our luck would have it, the day after assembly, the temps are back in the 30's with rain/snow flurries, not cool!






Here is just a moment I attempted to catch on camera. Miss A does love a book or two and before dinner last night I found her in between the couch and coffee table reading. Of course when I tried to get a memorable picture of her, these are what she offered me.....*sigh*...at least she was reading a book!



In other news, Miss A has become a potty trained girl. She started out a little rough, but has managed to see the cleaner ways of life and we are almost there! Hopefully the trend continues and we can say in another month it is complete! You go Miss A!! We are SO proud of you!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Angie,
We were at the zoo this weekend as well! We probably walked right by each other. Actually the zoo is pretty close to our house, we live in Ghent. I agree, the weather was a tease. I was assured that snow was a RARITY in Norfolk....Hope all is well

Amy said...

The Amy is Amy Byman (Grebe)

Anonymous said...

The swingset is AWESOME! Those kids are going to have so much fun!!

Steph said...

Cute pics! I can't believe how big those kids are. And by the way, this coming from a mom whose one-of-three major criteria for a home is a great, fenced-in backyard . . . your backyard is amazing. I have a whole new appreciation for flat and grassy. Love the swing set.

Tiffany Wickes said...

Love the swing set! We need one of those in Florida. Her expressions are priceless.

Fisch Tales said...

Seeing the grass (and giant swing set) makes me totally jealous! We have some grass, but this desert landscaping is for the birds (or at least people without kids!).

Elizabeth said...

Oh, Asher LOVES the zoo :) We'll have to tag along sometime. We are here...2 days of 8 hours of driving...finished! I'll call you soon. My AT&T cell does not work at all in my parent's house so I will call you with their number :)